Sunday, August 22, 2010

A "Super" Fun Week - VBS

Hey everybody,
Ok so last week from Monday to Friday there was a "super" fun VBS happening at my Church.
We have been having a VBS every summer since forever and this year the theme was Hero Headquarters. The kids attending learned all about bible heroes. Some familiar and some not so familiar. I've been too old to be a kid at the VBS' for a while but for a couple years now I have been a part of the skits. This year I was Water Woman- a timid super hero who specializes in bottled water and spraying things off with her Ultra-fabulous bubble blaster 4000. Throughout the VBS I (as Water Woman) learned that I have to put my trust in God and that I don't have to be afraid of saving people. I had a blast. Also in the skit was Jason the husband of the children's leader as Maintenance Mac and a guy in my youth group, Nick as Pizza Man. Here are some pictures from the week.

My sister's friend, My sidekick for the week and bestie Bri and My sis abby.
They were the song leaders for the VBS.

Some of the group of kids who attended the VBS.

Maintenance Mac and Pizza Man in thier super poses.

Me and Nick in one of our skits ( plus one of the kid volunteers)
Like my costume? My mom and I made it.
My sidekick Bri and I in our super hero poses.

Another pic of the skit.

Anna the children's leader at our Church.

All us superheroes in our super poses.
All in all I had a great time with the skit and helping out with VBS.
I can't wait for next year's.
Hope you enjoyed the photos.
Peace!
TTFN
-Cori :D

5 comments:

Eldarwen said...

Looks like so much fun!! Love your superhero outfit! ;D

Haylie Jo Gregory said...

HAHAHAH!!! Way kewl =]

Eldarwen said...

Hey Cori, I posted the interview! :)

http://thefaithfulelvenprincess.blogspot.com/2010/08/homeschoolers-appreciation-day-4-cori.html

Love,
Eldarwen

Abby said...

Wow! I love your costume! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. :D
I just found your blog through Eldarwen. I love it! I'm going to put your button on my blog. :D

Abby :D

Cori said...

Thanks so much Abby :)
That was really sweet of ya :)